Hone your storytelling skills and build empathy in your communications at 'Get Your Story Straight!', an event hosted by Jordan Bower in Brix Studio on June 6.
Get Your Story Straight! is a professional training designed to help you become a better salesperson, marketer, networker and leader.
Why is storytelling important to you and your business?
Today, we are all Storytellers. By articulating a clear, meaningful and authentic narrative about you and your work, you help people connect with the deeper meaning behind what you do.
By finding and developing your business narrative, you will:
- differentiate you, your product and your services from competitors in the market;
- make it easier to create great content for your website, social media and selling materials;
- develop a deeper sense of connection and trust with prospects and customers;
- motivate your employees and colleagues;
- reveal more profound -- and therefore more valuable -- customer problems;
- straighten out who you are, where you're going and what you need to get there.
At the end of this training, you will be able to:
- define six Essential Elements of Transformational Storytelling;
- describe the differences in psychological and emotional impact between dry, jargon-driven communication and descriptive, character-driven narratives;
- develop and organize the "raw material" of your story into a Transformational Storytelling framework; and,
- apply this framework to your professional communication, maximizing emotional impact and creating tangible results.
About the facilitator
Jordan Bower’s career as a storyteller began with a decade of world travel that included a 316 day walking trip from Canada to Mexico. Along this journey, Jordan learned the art of emotionally powerful storytelling, adding to a skill set that already included business management and design thinking.
Today, as the founder of Transformational Storytelling, Jordan works with businesses, organizations and individuals, helping them create more impactful, emotionally driven stories.